Sweet Dream or A Beautiful Nightmare?! (Part III)

2:51 PM


Once the shock of knowing who he was caved in, I looked deeply into his eyes and said: "It's YOU..!!". I took a long pause and continued "I can't believe it's you" squeezing his hand trying to see if it was really him right in front of me. My voice started to sound faint. The feeling of being choked up and cut off of air started surfacing and I felt like I wanted to cry but I didn't want to show him that. "You've changed", I managed to speak after struggling to sound all okay. He held my hand and smiled "Yes, I have Rummy. See what old age does to you?". "Yeah" as my voice started fading away. My heart started beating faster and I was keeping up with my now changed breathing rhythm. I was gasping for oxygen, I felt suffocated, smothered, strangulated, and in disbelief. I thought I was about to faint as my knees went weak. I couldn't believe that after what seemed to be eternity, I'd be able to feel the touch of his soft skin against my rough tired hands. I took my left hand and started to run it across his face "My Gosh, you have a beard and moustache now. You're all grown up. So different than how you were" I said as I was gathering myself to seem all courageous. My mind and soul were literally screaming their lungs out for me to hear. This was all surreal, I kept pinching myself in desperation hoping that it was all a dream but it wasn't. It was true, actually so true that the drums of my heartbeats were drowning the sounds of everything but his breathing. I am trying to keep myself calm and collected but would I manage?

"For what it's worth, you haven't changed a bit. Still the same pure white soul I left behind" he said as I was looking down avoiding eye contact with him. "Calm down, you're stronger than this" I kept saying to my now restless heart. "You're still the same ol' cupcake" he said as he touched my chin and made me look up. I had tears locked up in my eyes when he called me that pet name he always used to, I didn't want him to see me like this. I didn't want to shed a tear because he left me struggling with the pain of loss and in a blink of an eye he found me once again. I couldn't help but close my eyes and let those tears that gathered fall. A gush of wind blew in between the space between us and made a tear leave my cheek to land on his. He touched his face in search of that salty tear and said: "I’m not worth crying for. I left you all alone, I was inconsiderate. I didn't know how to act when I was around you so I thought it was better if I left you to find your own path of happiness." He paused for a while as he kept on wiping away the tears from my eyes. "All I did was cause you sadness and constant agony, so why are you tearing up for me?" he asked as he came closer only for me to feel his breath on my face. “Hush now" he said calmly. "I'll leave you now because I can't help seeing you cry because of me, I have never failed but to torture you and for that I'm sorry" he whispered. As he loosened the grip of my hand wanting to stand up and leave, I held his hand tighter and screamed:
"Why did you leave me?! Why did you?! Why?!"
"You'll never understand" he yelled back
"Bull sh!t, I don't believe you. You're lying"
"I don't know why ALRIGHT?!" he raised his voice even louder
"You don't know why? You don't know why?" I found myself in shock repeating the same phrase. "You just left me with no warning, no nothing. You even made sure to leave me on the 14th. On our anniversary..!!"
“I really DON'T know" he started choking up "I don't know" his voice started to lower and sounded that it came from a wounded place within him.
“Hypocrite" I told him and stood up.


Walking away from him, a sudden loud sound of thunder scared me and made me trip face down. My face was covered with wet sand; some of the sand went into my eyes and some managed its way to my mouth and eventually my throat. I started going into a gagging reflex that felt like I was about to vomit from the amount of sand that I was about to swallow. A deep heated sensation on my back got me to chuck all the sand out. It was his hand hitting on my back.


"Are you okay?" he asked.
"I'm fine" I replied in a rude cold tone while rubbing the sand out of my eyes.
"Your look is priceless with all that sand smeared on your face. Let me help you out" he abruptly started laughing out loud.
"No thank you I'm fine and yeah please go on laughing" I replied while accidentally inhaling some sand that led me to cough.
"See..!! I told you let me help" laughing even louder.
"No thanks" as I started coughing again.
"You're the same stubborn cupcake I know" while holding his amusement from the funny image of my face.
"I.."
"Don’t even start explaining or else you'll have sand piling up on your esophagus" he interrupted me.


I started laughing on how stupid I was not to think of cleaning out my face first before talking, only to find his hand pulling a sleeve of his dishdasha to clean the sand off my face. I laughed hysterically and so did he. It reminded us of a winter we both knew pretty well. The winter of the14th ...

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. ^ Are you kidding?

    Where have you been hiding your writing skills, huh?

    I love how visual the story is and the fact that you don't miss out the details. I think this is my favourite part, but we're waiting for the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rummy rummy rummy...I love part 3!!!!
    Its going great...it actually reminds me a bit of someone else's story. Is this fiction or a true story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. more...more Rumms... MORE... :D!!! very descriptive must say...kudos :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci mittens..!! I'm glad you liked it. Well my writing skills are unleashed for everyone to see. It's been such a while since I wrote something so thought of giving it another go ;)

    Moi well it for you to judge if it's true or not. I'll reveal this piece of information once I'm done with the story.

    Delta, part 4 is on the way soon =D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow on Twitter

Follow on Instagram