Bio-Bug

10:03 AM



So a thread from the English Sabla is the reason behind this blog post. It was a very gloomy Saturday morning  and I was looking for something to take me off that mood.


News has it that 
A car that runs on methane gas produced by human waste has been launched and its makers claim drivers cannot tell the difference.
What I found surprising were the responses from the thread saying they would never ever use it just because of its source. What like human shit is anything? Your dead bodies are the reason behind petrol, so what are you getting at?  What was even funnier were the other responses saying it would stink as hell hence it's a big no no *shakes head* 


Shall I say that this was a piece that cracked me up for the entire week. Saturday blues was going to kick in hard but it all was flushed down the toilet (no pun intended). Being the enviromental person I am, I had a burst of anger in me when I read all this. So what if your car is fuelled by your own feaces, it's not like it would be shoved up into your car in its original state while the street would smell horribly awful.


Regardless of this, I find it fascinating especially when I read
If you were to drive the car you wouldn't know it was powered by biogas as it performs just like any conventional car. It is probably the most sustainable car around."


Quite impressive really, I would want to try this car out. 

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. mehane and ethane , they been testing it , never knew its into production, interesting.. i wont mind using it myself

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow on Twitter

Follow on Instagram