Are We All Selfish...

10:40 AM



Joey: I'm sorry Pheebs, I just, y'know, I just wanted to do a good deed. Like-like you did with the babies.
Phoebe: This isn't a good deed, you just wanted to get on TV! This is totally selfish.
Joey: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What about you, having those babies for your brother? Talk about selfish!
Phoebe: What-what are you talking about?!
Joey: Well, yeah, it was a really nice thing and all, but it made you feel really good right?
Phoebe: Yeah. So?
Joey: It made you feel good, so that makes it selfish. Look, there's no unselfish good deeds, sorry.
Phoebe: Yes there are! There are totally good deeds that are selfless.
Joey: Well, may I ask for one example?
Phoebe: Yeah, it's… Y'know there's—no you may not!
Joey: That's because all people are selfish.
Phoebe: Are you calling me selfish?!
Joey: Are you calling you people? Yeah, well sorry to burst that bubble, Pheebs, but selfless good deeds don't exist. Okay? And you the deal on Santa Clause right?
Phoebe: I'm gonna find a selfless good dead. I'm gonna beat you, you evil genius.


This was part of the script from a Season 5 episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S that I was watching yesterday. And this part really got into me. Is it true? Do selfess deeds not exist? What do you think?! 

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. yup i believe some un selfish deeds exist but rarely, most people like making themselves happy and feel good about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well that, Selfless deeds exist hun~
    It depends ~
    Depend on what the situations they're dealing with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you guys should give me an example of such deeds..!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow on Twitter

Follow on Instagram